Immediate Job Opportunities are open at Anderson Propane Service. We are looking for Full-Time and Seasonal CDL Drivers.
Anderson Propane is a family-owned and operated company which has served as a complete propane provider for families, businesses and builders for more than 20 years in the Fredericksburg area. We are committed to being a "customer-first" company that sets the highest standards for safety and service in the industry. Our customer can always expect professionalism and a friendly voice on other line whenever they need us and you could be one of those voices.
Anderson Propane is seeking new employees at our Fredericksburg warehouse location. We are interested in hiring a Full-time and a Part-time/Seasonal CDL Driver starting immediately.
Looking for team players with strong customer service, organizational and industry specific skills with the ability to multitask and perform in a busy, fast paced diversified environment. The applying individual should be personable, self-motivated with an outgoing attitude and a desire to work with the public. Pleasant working environment with company benefits and excellent opportunity.
How to Apply
Please read the below position description to ensure that you have the qualifications needed. Then you may click on the pdf file below to print application and MVR Consent Form. Once you have completed the application and the MVR Consent Form, please email, fax or mail the application to the following:
Anderson Propane Service
Attn: Job Hiring Team
PO Box 300
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Fax – (540) 899-0678
Email – email@example.com
Commercial (CDL) Driver Job Description
Operates a commercial motor vehicle to transport liquid propane (LP) between Anderson Propane Service, Inc. (APS) facilities and to customer sites within the Fredericksburg and Richmond region. Represents APS in a professional manner to customers. Assists with various warehouse and facility operations. Strictly adheres to government regulations and APS operating procedures while working independently. Vehicles meet Class B designation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR).
This position requires a Class B CDL with Tank and HazMat Endorsements and current DOT medical certificate.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Communicate with facility management and counterparts to assess daily merchandise delivery and operations needs. Assist with planning delivery schedules and routes.
- Safely operate APS commercial vehicles to transport bulk loads to proper destinations in accordance with APS polices, DOT regulations and local traffic laws. Chocks rear wheels of truck before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from delivery.
- Perform pre- and post-trip vehicle safety inspections. Maintain mileage and fuel logs. Review and complete shipping documentation including bills of lading, reports, documentation, and automated systems accurately and in a timely manner according to standard operating procedures for documentation. Review all documents prepared by receiving team members.
- Depending upon business need, may also operate box trucks, pick-up trucks, flat beds, and/or other vehicles to transport merchandise between APS facilities and customer farms, production sites, and residences.
- Represent Anderson Propane Service in a positive manner by providing reliable and prompt delivery service to customers. Communicate in a professional and courteous manner. Review account details, collect payments or provide invoices, and confirm future service with customers.
- Effectively operate Anderson Propane Service commercial motor vehicles in compliance with government regulations and APS policy. Properly utilize and maintain equipment and vehicles. Perform routine preventive maintenance and repair to keep equipment and vehicles in good working condition. Notify supervisor of vehicle and equipment service needs to ensure timely repair or replacement.
- Participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. Learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area by keeping tools, equipment and supplies in proper places. Minimize waste and properly dispose of waste material. Perform all related cleaning of equipment, vehicle and work areas according to APS procedures.
- Perform work safely as to not cause harm to yourself, customers and property, co-workers, equipment, or inventory. Utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required. Operate all equipment and vehicles according to APS policy and government regulations. Comply with OSHA regulations, Anderson Propane Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards, work rules and policies.
- Perform all other job functions as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent
- Requires two (2) or more years of experience driving with Class B CDL with Tank and HazMat Endorsements. Current MVR detailing driving record within Company standards.
- Pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Company Policy.
- This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform essential job functions and mandatory compliance with the APS motor vehicle safety policy.
- Must be licensed to operate vehicles meeting Class B designation from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR) with Tank and HazMat Endorsements and current DOT medical certificate.
- Able to work well independently and follow safety, quality control and operating procedures at all times
- Computer literacy to operate APS business systems
- Numeric, oral and written language applications in an organized and timely manner
- Able to effectively utilize interpersonal skills to listen and communicate customer service
- Able to utilize GPS equipment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to operate a forklift, handcart and other industrial equipment
- Able to calmly and effectively work with time constraints and deadlines
- Able to demonstrate team work and flexibility to meet customer and business needs
- Able to work extended hours to meet business demands
- Primarily performs essential job functions driving APS commercial motor vehicles, in a warehouse environment that experiences seasonal temperatures and humidity, and outdoors where there may not be protection from weather conditions.
- Frequently exposed to hazards including:
- Heating oil, kerosene, diesel, gasoline, butane, and/or liquid propane, and related odors and fumes
- Moving mechanical parts and vehicles
- Vibrations associated with operating a motorized vehicle throughout the workday
- Noise levels where hearing protection is optional per PPE Plan
- Schedule requirements will vary during peak and off-peak seasons. Extended hours may be required. 24/7 On-call or Emergency Service Standby required. Ability to report to work on time and in adverse weather conditions is required.
Physical Activities & Requirements
- This role requires continuous physical activity to perform essential job functions for the duration of the shift.
- Continuously bend, crouch, stoop; drive motorized equipment; finger and handle controls, tools and equipment; reach with arms and hands for extended periods while driving and operating equipment; stand and walk for extended periods on uneven surfaces; utilize hands in repetitive motion; utilize eye/hand/foot coordination; twist back and neck. Pull, push, lift, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently balance, kneel, stack, sweep; climb steps in and out of vehicle throughout the shift; utilize feet in repetitive motion. Pull, push, lift, carry 50-80 pounds, may be assisted.
- Must be able to hear vehicle and equipment sounds, co-workers and radio. Must be able to speak to co-workers and customers regarding operations and safety. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Based on experience level; wages are determined for either the full-time or seasonal position.
- Commission incentive program
After your application and MVR Consent Form are received, if we are interested, our hiring team will contact you and wages will be discussed at that time.
Anderson Propane Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected classification.