Immediate Job Opportunities are open at Anderson Propane Service. We are looking for a Full-Time Sales Representative.
Anderson Propane is a family-owned and operated company that has served as a complete propane provider for families, businesses and builders for more than 20 years in the Fredericksburg area. We are committed to being a “customer-first” company that sets the highest standards for safety and service in the industry. Our customers can always expect professionalism and a friendly voice on other line whenever they need us and you could be one of those voices.
Anderson Propane is seeking new employees at our Fredericksburg main office location. We are interested in hiring a full-time Sales Representative starting immediately.
We are looking for a team player with strong customer service and organizational skills with the ability to multitask, think outside the box and perform in a busy, fast-paced diversified environment. The applying individual should be responsible, personable, self-motivated with an outgoing attitude and a desire to work with the public. We offer a pleasant working environment with company benefits that include a company vehicle and an excellent opportunity.
How to Apply
Please read the below for more information on the type of person we hope to hire and ensure that you have the right personality and qualifications needed. Then please supply resume and professional references by one of the below options:
Anderson Propane Service
Attn: Job Hiring Team
PO Box 300
Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Fax – (540) 899-0678
Email – [email protected]
This open position is also listed on Indeed.com and you may submit your resume and references online.
Click Here to apply now.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Our sales representative conducts sales in their assigned territory with both potential and existing customers, offering the best possible customer experience that builds trust in our company. In addition, our representatives serve as ambassadors providing hands-on explanations and professional guidance of any new or updated products and services while upholding the ideals and standards of Anderson Propane. Their excellent social skills allow them to foster strong relationships, to which they can attribute much of their success in meeting sales goals and exceeding customer expectations.
Being organized is essential to being an effective sales representative where the day may consist of discovery calls, research, product demos, follow-up calls, training, and much more. This position will require the candidate to be familiar with and able to use mobile devices including phones, tablets, and printers allowing them to access documents and information quickly and easily. Although this position entails being in the field most of the time, the best representatives are able to manage both in-house and fieldwork.
Our sales representative will work with customers to determine their needs and recommend the right product to solve the customer’s problem. Monitoring industry competitors, new products, and market conditions is also essential to understanding our customer’s needs and available options. They often participate in specialized training, certification courses, and/or meetings as requested. We encourage them to learn and develop techniques to enhance job performance and to stay current on industry safety and operational standards.
Lastly, in this position, the candidate will need to effectively operate Anderson Propane Service motor vehicles in compliance with government regulations and our company’s policy. It will be required to properly utilize and maintain equipment and vehicles, including routine preventive maintenance and repairs.
This position requires a valid Virginia Driver’s License. You may be required to complete our company Motor Vehicle Report Consent Form prior to the interview process.
Education, Experience and Abilities
Having a well-developed phone presence and high comfort level in initiating conversations is essential to fulfilling the daily duties of our sales representative position. Aside from a social and positive personality, a sales representative must be self-starting and a proactive problem solver, since not every day is the same and the workplace setting is constantly changing.
Other important experience and abilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- General knowledge of tools and home construction recommended
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with customer service and a general understanding of the principles of sales
- Able to generate and qualify leads, source and develop client referrals
- Computer literacy to operate our company’s business systems, generate leads, develop sales proposals and reports as well as electronic communication with supporting staff and customers
- Able to utilize GPS equipment and other mobile devices including but not limited to tablets and other smart devices
- Attention to detail and accuracy with strong organizational skills
- Able to calmly and effectively work with time constraints and deadlines
- Able to demonstrate teamwork and flexibility to meet customer and business needs
- Able to follow safety, quality control and operating procedures at all times
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, economics, communications, and/or any equivalent education that demonstrates expertise in customer engagement is preferred
- Requires two (2) or more years of experience driving with valid Virginia driver’s license. Current Motor Vehicle Report detailing driving record within company standards
- This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform essential job functions and mandatory compliance with the Anderson Propane motor vehicle safety policy
Based on experience level; wages are determined for the full-time position. In addition, there is a commission incentive program.
After your resume, professional references and Motor Vehicle Report Consent Form are received, if we are interested, our hiring team will contact you and wages will be discussed at that time.
Anderson Propane Service, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected classification.